On All Service And Repair Work Performed
Your Dealer AlternativeValue Pricing To Fit Any BudgetSchedule Your Service Today!
Whatever the age of your car, you need to follow a careful schedule of service and maintenance if you are going to keep it in good working order. This isn’t only a matter of prevention, but one of safety and roadworthiness. All cars are machines, and after a certain amount of use, they need checkups. With cars, we can use the odometer to find our key milestones. Reaching some milestones may require minor maintenance, and others will require more major work. You can find a complete chart for scheduled service recommendations on our Services page.
Common Odometer Milestones and Services
A newer car may only need servicing every 10,000 miles or so (usually once a year), whereas older cars may require in more irregular intervals. Here are some examples:
2019-model Audi Maintenance Schedule
- Miles covered: 10k, 30k, 50k, 70k — minor maintenance
- Miles covered: 20k, 40k, 60k, 80k — standard maintenance
2004-model Audi Maintenance Schedule
- Miles covered: 5k, 25k, 45k, 65k — replace filter, check wipers, tires etc.
- Miles covered: 15k, 55k, 95k — cooling, exhaust and battery systems
- Miles covered: 35k, 75k — all of the above and more
In short, for 5-10k mile intervals, certain minor maintenance will always be required, but when you hit bigger milestones in the multiple tens of thousands, more work has to be carried out.
“Minor maintenance” includes:
- Brake system check
- Engine oil and filter check
- Multi-point inspection
- Service reminder indicator display reset
- Tire repair
“Standard maintenance” includes the minor repairs, plus:
- Body/chassis inspection and repair
- Brake repair
- Checking the connected box battery
- Fixing convertible tops (if applicable)
- Engine cooling system
- Engine, transmission, steering etc.
- Exterior lighting
- Front and rear axle/suspension checks and repairs
- Headlight alignment and adjustment
- Instrument cluster
- …and much more
Are the milestones really this precise?
The truth is that no car will adhere precisely to the schedule we mention above. Each car is used differently, and the more you drive it and the more rigorously you push it, the more likely you are to need maintenance. Just remember:
- Skipping scheduled maintenance makes your car unsafe for you and your family
- Skipping scheduled maintenance can result in more expensive damage down the line
- Skipping scheduled maintenance just leaves you without your VW or Audi for longer
To book your next scheduled service, get in touch with us today.Schedule Service
Your Independent Audi Experts
Beach House Imports is proud to be Newport Beach’s Audi specialist. We also welcome drivers from surrounding areas like:
You want the best for your Audi so let our certified technicians help. Please call or visit our shop today to learn more or to schedule your car’s next service appointment.